What To Bring For Your Visit To The Fair
We'll make it easy to enjoy your visit
Enjoying your time at the San Mateo County Fair is all about making sure you have everything to make your stay comfortable, carefree and relaxed. Below are some helpful guidelines for things to bring, not bring and what we have brought for you just in case.
What To Bring
- Your mask
- Your festive spirit
- Your big smile and lots of laughs
- Your still / digital camera / phone camera
- Your friends and family
- Your ATM card – there are machines located at the entrance gates and in Expo and Concert Halls
- Your jacket or sweater for the ocean breeze in the evening
- Unframed backpacks
What Not To Bring
- Your cares and woes
- Your pets – only service animals are allowed
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bottles, cans or glass containers
- Ice chests or coolers
- Weapons (guns, stun guns, mace, pepper spray, knives, etc.)
- Toy guns, water pistols or imitation weapons
- Skateboards, in-line skates, or scooters
- Lawn chairs
- “Gang” colors and/or paraphernalia
- *Confiscated items will not be returned*
We Have The Things
You Might Need
- ATM machines
- Baby changing stations
- Mother’s tent
- Lost child center
- Lost and found services
- First aid services
- Water fountains
- Recycling stations
- Wheel chair and stroller rentals
- Printed programs and grounds maps
- And a great time of fair food, vendor items, carnival rides, and entertainment
Code of Conduct at the San Mateo County Fair
Welcome to the San Mateo County Fair! Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone!
We strictly enforce the following Rules of Conduct. Violation of these Rules of Conduct will constitute cause for removal of the violator from the Fair property.
- Shoes and shirt are required at all times on Fairground property.
- The San Mateo County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff. No smoking and vaping is allowed inside the fair admission areas. Designated smoking and vaping locations are provided, outside the fence line. The only designated smoking and vaping location is outside of the main entry, Gate 5. Handstamp required for re-entry and you must go back through security.
- Marijuana products in any form are strictly prohibited on Fairgrounds property.
- Possession of any article defined as a weapon is strictly prohibited. Security screenings are conducted at the entrance gates.
- Alcoholic beverages and narcotics or illegal substances of any kind are prohibited, as is behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment.
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property is prohibited and may be prosecuted.
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property will not be tolerated.
- No bicycles, skateboards, Segways, Mopeds, skates/rollerblades are allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- The only animals allowed on the grounds are service animals and animals on exhibit or used in entertainment. We do not have daycare accommodations for pets.
- Service dogs are welcome at the Fair but “comfort animals” do not qualify under the ADA guidelines from the Department of Justice and will not be allowed into the Fair.
- The blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway is prohibited.
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind is prohibited. (The sales of goods and services may only be conducted in a designed commercial space. Applications for such commercial space may be obtained from the Fair Events Department.)
- Respectful behavior is expected from all attendees
Safety Services at the San Mateo County Fair
The San Mateo County Fair has incorporated several safety services in order to meet and exceed your expectations in all categories. You safety is our paramount concern and to ensure you have a positive experience, the following services can be found at the Public Safety Center during the fair. You can find the Public Safety Center located outside of the Carnival Midway entrance. In this office, you can find Lost & Found, First Aid and any other medical or security assistance.
2023 Fair Map Coming Soon
San Mateo County Fair ADA Guide
This ADA Guide provides an overview of services and facilities available to guests with disabilities. It is intended to supplement the Schedule of Events, which is available at all entrances and Guest Service Booths. Please note all ADA information is subject to change without notice.
Fair Time Smoking and Vaping Policy
The San Mateo County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff.
No smoking and vaping is allowed inside the fair admission areas. Designated smoking and vaping locations are provided, outside the fence line. The two designated locations are outside Gate 1 (Delaware Street entry) and Gate 5 (Saratoga Drive).