What To Bring For Your Visit To The Fair
We'll make it easy to enjoy your visit
Enjoying your time at the San Mateo County Fair is all about making sure you have everything to make your stay comfortable, carefree and relaxed. Below are some helpful guidelines for things to bring, not bring and what we have brought for you just in case.
What To Bring
- Your mask
- Your festive spirit
- Your big smile and lots of laughs
- Your still / digital camera / phone camera
- Your friends and family
- Your ATM card – there are machines located at the entrance gates and in Expo and Concert Halls
- Your jacket or sweater for the ocean breeze in the evening
- Unframed backpacks
What Not To Bring
- Your cares and woes
- Your pets – only service animals are allowed
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bottles, cans or glass containers
- Ice chests or coolers
- Weapons (guns, stun guns, mace, pepper spray, knives, etc.)
- Toy guns, water pistols or imitation weapons
- Skateboards, in-line skates, or scooters
- Lawn chairs
- “Gang” colors and/or paraphernalia
- *Confiscated items will not be returned*
We Have The Things
You Might Need
- ATM machines
- Baby changing stations
- Mother’s tent
- Lost child center
- Lost and found services
- First aid services
- Water fountains
- Recycling stations
- Wheel chair and stroller rentals
- Printed programs and grounds maps
- And a great time of fair food, vendor items, carnival rides, and entertainment
Code of Conduct at the San Mateo County Fair
Welcome to the San Mateo County Fair! Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone!
We strictly enforce the following Rules of Conduct. Violation of these Rules of Conduct will constitute cause for removal of the violator from the Fair property.
Rules of Conduct
- Shoes and shirt are required at all times on Fairground property.
- The San Mateo County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff. No smoking and vaping is allowed inside the fair admission areas. Designated smoking and vaping locations are provided, outside the fence line. The only designated smoking and vaping location is outside of the main entry, Gate 5. Handstamp required for re-entry and you must go back through security.
- Marijuana products in any form are strictly prohibited on Fairgrounds property.
- Possession of any article defined as a weapon is strictly prohibited. Security screenings are conducted at the entrance gates.
- Alcoholic beverages and narcotics or illegal substances of any kind are prohibited, as is behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment.
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property is prohibited and may be prosecuted.
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property will not be tolerated.
- No bicycles, skateboards, Segways, Mopeds, skates/rollerblades are allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- The only animals allowed on the grounds are service animals and animals on exhibit or used in entertainment. We do not have daycare accommodations for pets.
- Service dogs are welcome at the Fair but “comfort animals” do not qualify under the ADA guidelines from the Department of Justice and will not be allowed into the Fair.
- The blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway is prohibited.
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind is prohibited. (The sales of goods and services may only be conducted in a designed commercial space. Applications for such commercial space may be obtained from the Fair Events Department.)
- Respectful behavior is expected from all attendees
Safety Services at the San Mateo County Fair
The San Mateo County Fair has incorporated several safety services in order to meet and exceed your expectations in all categories. You safety is our paramount concern and to ensure you have a positive experience, the following services can be found at the Public Safety Center during the fair. You can find the Public Safety Center located outside of the Carnival Midway entrance. In this office, you can find Lost & Found, First Aid and any other medical or security assistance.
2022 Fair Map Coming Soon
San Mateo County Fair ADA Guide
This ADA Guide provides an overview of services and facilities available to guests with disabilities. It is intended to supplement the Schedule of Events, which is available at all entrances and Guest Service Booths. Please note all ADA information is subject to change without notice.
Guest Services provides a variety of ADA services, including general information, concert information, grounds entertainment schedules, and information about services for Guests with disabilities. Guests Services are located adjacent to all admission entry points. Fair information can also be obtained on the internet at www.SanMateoCountyFair.com.
The San Mateo County Event Center offers parking at the east side of the facility. Parking lot entrance is located on Saratoga Drive 1/4 mile east of South Delaware Street.
Standard parking rates apply. Premium parking spaces, when open, will be available to guests displaying a valid disabled placard or license plate for the standard parking fee. Premium parking spaces also have accessible stalls.
Accessible parking spaces have been designated in the Guest parking lot for guests displaying a valid disabled placard or license plate.
Permanent food facilities at the Fair have been ADA designed to serve guests with disabilities. Although temporary food vendors typically operate from portable facilities constructed before accessibility requirements, concessionaires strive to accommodate all guests. ADA accessible tables are located in the main food area.
Food and beverage are not allowed to be brought into the Fair; however, individuals who have special dietary needs due to a medical condition are allowed small coolers to accommodate such needs.
Shopping & Exhibits
All exhibit halls are ADA accessible to guests with disabilities. Exhibitors and concession staff provide excellent customer service to all guests. If you need assistance, please ask a staff member.
Redi Wheels Service
Redi‐Wheels has designated a stop on S. Delaware Street just south of 25th Ave. near the west side pedestrian entrance. All Redi‐Wheels clients will arrive and depart the San Mateo County Fair from this location for the duration of the fair.
Redi‐Wheels Paratransit service is for persons with disabilities who cannot independently use regular SamTrans bus service some or all of the time. Clients must meet SamTrans eligibility requirements and trips must be prearranged. Contact SamTrans at 1‐800‐660‐4287 or for (TDD only) 650‐508‐6448 for additional information regarding this service.
ADA accessible ticket sales are available adjacent to all admission gates. Call buttons have been placed at accessible ticket areas to recall employees who have temporarily stepped away. Tickets and informational items offered at accessible ticket sales are identical to those offered at non‐accessible areas. Will Call is located at the West Entry.
We believe all who feel physically capable of enjoying rides and are able to meet ride requirements be given equal opportunity; however, safety is our first concern.
California State Law requires carnival owners to enforce manufacturer ride restrictions. Carnival operators can deny access to a ride if they feel the guest does not meet ride requirements or if there is a concern for safety.
Guests with questions regarding ride accessibility should speak to the ride operator or visit the Carnival Guest Relations office.
ADA accessible ATM Machines are located throughout the grounds.
No Smoking Areas
Smoking in not permitted within 30 feet of buildings and in general areas. Please smoke in designated smoking area. These areas can be found on the grounds map.
First Aid is available at the Public Services Building, please see location on Map.
A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available for rent at the Guest Services Kiosks at the West and East Entrances on a first‐come, first‐served basis. A valid California Driver’s License or ID card is required for a security deposit.
Guests with disabilities may use their own wheelchair or an electric scooter with three or more wheels as a mobility device while attending the fair. Guests are welcome to recharge their battery at the Public Service Building.
Service animals are welcome at the San Mateo County Fair. Guests are limited to one service animal as defined by the ADA. Guests, or a member of their party, must physically control the service animal on a leash or harness at all times. Service animals are not allowed on carnival rides. Patrons are responsible for cleaning up after all service animals. Guests may be required to remove their service animal from the property if the service animal demonstrates aggression, disrupts activities, is left unattended, or not cleaned up after.
All public rest rooms at buildings, except those located within the east lobby of Fiesta Hall and exterior south side of Sequoia Hall, are ADA accessible for use by Guests with disabilities.
Hand Wash Stations and Drinking Fountains
Hand wash stations accessible to guests with disabilities have been located at the Livestock Pavilion, Food Court and at the carnival adjacent to the portable toilets. Accessible drinking fountain are located in Expo Hall, Fiesta Hall and outside the Plaza Stage restrooms.
Entertainment Seating for guests with disabilities and their companions has been designated at all entertainment venues. Accessible seating at main stage concerts, located within Expo Hall, has been designated. General admission seating, including accessible seating, at main stage concerts is included in the cost of fair admission. All seating at main stage concerts, including accessible seating, is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fair Time Smoking and Vaping Policy
The San Mateo County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff.
No smoking and vaping is allowed inside the fair admission areas. Designated smoking and vaping locations are provided, outside the fence line. The two designated locations are outside Gate 1 (Delaware Street entry) and Gate 5 (Saratoga Drive).