Code Of Conduct
Code of Conduct at the San Mateo County Fair
Welcome to the San Mateo County Fair! Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone!
We strictly enforce the following Rules of Conduct. Violation of these Rules of Conduct will constitute cause for removal of the violator from the Fair property.
Rules of Conduct
- Shoes and shirt are required at all times on Fairground property.
- The San Mateo County Fair is smoke, vape and tobacco free to provide a healthy, family-friendly, and clean environment for visitors and staff. No smoking and vaping is allowed inside the fair admission areas. Designated smoking and vaping locations are provided, outside the fence line. The only designated smoking and vaping location is outside of the main entry, Gate 5. Handstamp required for re-entry and you must go back through security.
- Marijuana products in any form are strictly prohibited on Fairgrounds property.
- Possession of any article defined as a weapon is strictly prohibited. Security screenings are conducted at the entrance gates.
- Alcoholic beverages and narcotics or illegal substances of any kind are prohibited, as is behavior indicative of alcohol or substance impairment.
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property is prohibited and may be prosecuted.
- Disorderly or disruptive conduct or any activity that could result in physical harm to person or property will not be tolerated.
- No bicycles, skateboards, Segways, Mopeds, skates/rollerblades are allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- The only animals allowed on the grounds are service animals and animals on exhibit or used in entertainment. We do not have daycare accommodations for pets.
- Service dogs are welcome at the Fair but “comfort animals” do not qualify under the ADA guidelines from the Department of Justice and will not be allowed into the Fair.
- The blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway is prohibited.
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind is prohibited. (The sales of goods and services may only be conducted in a designed commercial space. Applications for such commercial space may be obtained from the Fair Events Department.)
- Respectful behavior is expected from all attendees