Celebrate Our Fair's WFA Achievement Awards
The goal of the Western Fairs Association’s (WFA) Achievement Awards Program is to recognize excellence and share new successful ideas and programs as many of the best ideas are inspired from others. The primary purpose of this program is to facilitate, share, and promote great ideas, so we can create a helpful resource to guide our programs for next year and, of course, organize a better Fair for the community.
After over 500 entries from over 30 Fairs, the San Mateo County Fair staff is honored to receive such prestigious awards from their peers in the industry and is proud to share our accomplishments with all who have collaborated with us and celebrated at the annual Fair.
Please see below for the WFA awards that the San Mateo County Fair has received!
Winner of the Prestigious MERRILL AWARD for Farmworkers Heroes Appreciation Day at the Fair.
Learn more here: https://www.westernfairs.org/p/members/awards/merrill
- Community Outreach
- Overall Fair Marketing
- Give It Your Best Show- Exhibits, Competitive or Educational
- Radio Ad- Single
- Radio Ad Series
- Give It Your Best Shot- Entertainment and Grounds Acts
- Give It Your Best Show- Carnival
- Interim Events
- New Sponsorship
- New Children’s Program
- New Cultural Program
- Theme Program
- Agricultural Programming
- Emergency Response Venues
- Fair Program- Schedule
- Year Round Logo
- Fair Logo
- Radio Ad- Foreign Language
- Television Advertising Single Ad
- Television Ad- Foreign Language
- Special Event Logo
- New Competition- Animal or Still
- New Fairtime Event, Exhibit or Program
- Single Social Media Ad
- Fair Advertising Poster
- Give It Your Best Shot- Food & Beverage
- Give It Your Best Shot- People at the Fair
- Give It Your Best Show- Community Outreach/Emergency Response Venues
- Give it Your Best Show- Animals With or Without People
Celebrate Our Fair's IAFE Awards
1st Place: Non-Fair Facility Usage – Upgrade of the SMC Event Center website.
1st Place: Competitive Exhibits Awards – Creative Display
2nd Place: Agricultural Awards – “Livestock Corner” in the Fair newsletter
3rd Place: Hall of Honor Communication Awards – Marketing (customized fencing wraps).